Contact us: + 38 (057) 760 10 60; + 38 (050) 409 07 08; + 38 (063) 313 60 60; e-mail:

Corporate Department

International House Language Centre – Kharkiv offers a range of courses for closed corporate groups - either in-company or in-house  - at levels Elementary through Advanced.


The courses offered include:


  • General English – both regular courses and/or speech sessions
  • Business English
  • English for Medicine
  • English for Lawyers
  • English for Tourism industry
  • English for Catering industry.
  • English for IT industry


Each applicant takes a Placement Test and an interview, whereby their starting level is determined. We also perform a needs analysis through a questionnaire filled in by each of the prospective students as well as by  Director of the company.  Based on the results of the Placement Test and needs analysis  a coursebook is chosen or a tailor-made course is written which is the intellectual property of the Center,


We normally offer closed group corporate courses divided into four-week modules. The number of modules depends on the starting level of learners and a target level of language proficiency. The classes are normally taught 2 times per week, 2 hours each (a 16-hour module), the number of students in a group is normally 6 – 12.  However, the overall format, duration and intensiveness of the course can be negotiated and are designed to meet the particular needs of the client.


The teaching methods are a mix of the communicative methodology, the task-based approach and the lexical approach with a focus on skills and vocabulary, which allows to work with learners of varying ability and level in one group. The materials used are suggested by  International House London Executive Center.


International House Language Center – Kharkiv is an affiliate member of the International House World Organization and works in close cooperation and with the methodological support of the organization. All our teachers - both Ukrainian and native-speaker (British, American, Canadian) are required to have a CELTA, TESOL or equivalent certificate.